Friday, June 29, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

Don't you sometimes wish that just a little bit of your agency could be taken away?
I know I sure do.
Sometimes I just wish that I knew EXACTLY what I needed to do, EXACTLY when I need to do it.
So here’s the decision that has been eating away at me?

Washington, D.C. verses Rexburg, I.D.

I know what you’re thinking, that is a stupid question.
But it really isn’t. I know where I want to be. I know why I want to be there, but that doesn’t always make it the right choice, does it?

I set my mind on Washington DC.


I mean honestly, look at that moonlight setting. It is beautiful, right?
Me and one of my besties Lyndee, were going to go together. I was so excited. Once in a lifetime experience! Tons of history sites plus more politics than I can handle which as of late I have been oddly interested in!!!! Plus, if I was there when I planned on being there, I would (fingers crossed) get to see a president sworn into office.) Seeing some people that I haven’t seen in what feels like an eternity!

However, apparently Idaho was the right answer for me.



Totally different, but still awesome! Actually I love the differences!
Idaho is AHHH-MAZING!
Can anything compare to the Idaho Countryside? Nope.
Can I get a cardio workout walking from my apartment to work? Absolutely!
Will I be graduating college December 15, 2013 if I stay here in Idaho?
Yes I will!!!!!!
Does that mean that I think I am grown up? You know it!
[Key word being think.]
So, turns out I will be staying here in Idaho...
and I'm kind of excited to be almost done with school.


Now sometimes I wish that my agency was taken away so I didn't have to make tough decisions,
but honestly the peace that comes when you make a decision
and know that is what Heavenly Father wants...
That feeling is indescribable. 
Agency is everything.
In the short term, no one wants agency. It would be SO much easier to just know everything.
That's not how it works and you don't grow at all that way.
If you don't have a testimony of agency, get it.
Having a choice is a beautiful and enlightening part of life. It allows you to grow and become more than 
you could ever imagine you could.
Agency is everything.

2 comments:

  1. Washington DC will be there for a long time. This isn't your last opportunity to go there. Thanks for your thoughts about agency. It's tough to grow, but using that agency sure helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be reminded that there will be other opportunities. Sometimes it's hard to look past it when you're in the moment And agency is just amazing! It's such a blessing to have it.

      Delete