Thursday, June 28, 2012

Little Miracles

There are some times in my life when I can directly see the hand of God in my life through others kind acts.
#1
After our party the other night, I realized my car had a flat tire. You've got to be kidding me! I was hoping that I would be able to drive it to the gas station and pump it up, but after looking at it, I'm pretty sure it would have been disastrous had I decided to drive it anywhere. Luckily, I had a spare tire in the trunk. [Thank you family.] I'm pretty sure the temperature dropped the minute I started to change the tire. I started feeling flustered and couldn't quite focus on the matter at hand.  
And then he came. Our angel. His name was ***insert dream man name*** I'll call him John. John was just the sweetest little farmer boy from Idaho. He goes to BYU in Provo. He was just up visiting the girls here at BYU-Idaho. My guess is that he thinks they are the best girls around. And he is right.
Anyway, tire changed. It looks great. If ever I was to meet him again, I would tell him what a blessing he was that night. Lets be honest, I probably would have messed up somehow without him. Anyway, it's just nice to see that you are cared about and that people love you.
#2
Lets be honest with each other, I'm not perfect (before you judge me, neither are you), but I'm trying my very best to change. So today in one of my classes, my teacher was talking about how people struggle with different things in this life and how the true judge of our character is how we come to deal with those challenges.  He read a quote by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland that struck me down(like a 2x4):
"Picture the faces of those who love you and who would be shattered you let them down."
Mind blown.
This applies to EVERYTHING!
No matter what you're problem is, can you picture the faces of those who love you and would be shattered that you let them down by doing your sin?




Instantly, people I loved popped into my head.
My first thought, my baby brothers. They mean so much to me. I love them and care about what they think. I can't imagine ever letting them down. If I keep making stupid decisions.
Which got me thinking about my parents. What haven't they done for me? They have loved me unconditionally and offered advice on countless 2 am phone calls. What would they think if they found out that I had failed to make this one easy decision.
And my grandparents. They are always making sure I am on-track and doing well.
Disappointment.




   Such a weird concept, yet so effective. Absolutely no action has to take place, but knowing that someone no longer can trust me and that I let them down.
Definitely changed my life.
#3
I have thee best bosses ever! I have never been around people who genuinely care about me and of my success.  They are great! Always caring! I think that I am so blessed to have 3 people who care about me and watch out for me. They make sure that I am physically, socially, mentally taken care of.
It is nice to have "parents" away from my parents and grandparents.
There are so many examples of their kindness, that I can't even begin to describe.


It is wonderful to recognize the tender mercies that the Lord provides for us. In my scripture reading, I read in 1st Nephi (verse 20) again:
And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had coast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also sought his life that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are overall those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.


Take a little time to think about it and try writing down the tender mercies you see in your life.
It WILL change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment